Shine is on a mission to make wellbeing accessible—more representative, affordable, easier, and connected than it’s ever been.
Our first product, Shine Text (covered on the TODAY show, CNN, Glamour, Refinery29, and more), is a free daily text experience that makes it easy to notice and improve your wellbeing. And our recently launched iOS app was the App of the Day in the App Store in its first six weeks.
We have over 2M loyal users in 189 countries, and 99% of our members claim that Shine has had a positive impact on their lives.
Our team is awesome. Our community is incredible. Our movement is massive. And this is just the beginning.
- How you will succeed in this role:
- Build products users love: Gather, synthesize and prioritize a user needs with consideration for business needs. Transform those into detailed product requirements.
- Galvanize a cross-functional team: Take ownership of a set of features, lead cross-functional teams in product definition
- Use data to champion the user: Lead frequent user testing and feedback sessions, translate quantitative data and customer service tickets to product features.
- Always be iterating: If you like things to be “done”, this role won’t be for you. You’re in charge of setting goals, measuring the success of the feature-set and iterating based on performance.
- Have an obsession with UX: You love wireframing, have a definite opinion on paper prototyping and have a flair for tools like Sketch and Figma. Your UX expertise will help you make the best judgment on features that will delight Shine users.
- Move fast: You can efficiently solicit feedback to quickly build consensus around decisions
- Have a passion about using tech for good: You get excited about solving the world’s biggest problems with accessible technology and believe in a world where a daily wellbeing practice is as common as brushing your teeth.
You’re thoughtful, organized, data-obsessed, creative and love new challenges. Your idea of a fun Friday afternoon is a pizza-fueled user feedback session on a new product you’re working on.
You're tired of seeing poorly designed wellness products and know that there’s a better way to provide easy, fun and affordable wellbeing. You’re looking for more than a job, but a leadership position and a team you can enjoy working with to make your mark on the world.
- 2-5 years experience in product management / UX design
- Passion for building innovative, mission-based products—with a strong aptitude for bigger-picture business strategy
- Decisiveness and strategic insight on when to ship, kill or iterate
- Experience writing product requirements, communicating efficiently with a cross-functional team, A/B testing, optimization, feature prioritization
- Experience running a scrum team and working closely with engineering, marketing, operations and customer service team
- Experience using wireframing and prototyping tools like Sketch, Figma, Invision, etc.
- Free healthcare! Yep, we cover Medical, Vision & Dental 100%
- Unlimited vacation, that we actually want you to use
- Quarterly performance reviews to help you continue to grow professionally and support you in your goals
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Bimonthly game nights (aka “Codenames” night)
- Stand up for something (literally — we'll give you a standing desk on your first day)
- The chance to be part of a welcoming, kind, brilliant team who gets up every morning with the mission of making wellbeing accessible to all