Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Shine is on a mission to make wellbeing accessible—more representative, affordable, easier, and connected than it’s ever been.
Our first product, Shine Text (covered on the TODAY show, CNN, Glamour, Refinery29, and more), is a free daily text experience that makes it easy to notice and improve your wellbeing. And our recently launched iOS app was the App of the Day in the App Store in its first six weeks.
We have over 2M loyal users in 189 countries, and 99% of our members claim that Shine has had a positive impact on their lives.
Our team is awesome. Our community is incredible. Our movement is massive. And this is just the beginning.
You are a smart and engaged person who cares about solving problems that connect with Shine’s mission. You have the maturity and skill that comes with practical, hands-on technical experience. You are inspired by others and enjoy helping grow those around you.
How you will succeed in this role:
- Build products that our users will love. You can see a feature through from front to back. Your work on the backend scales to millions across different platforms like Facebook Messenger or our iOS app. Your efforts on the frontend create experiences that help improve the wellbeing of users globally.
- Ship often and iterate quickly
- Approach your work with a data-conscious mindset. You’ll setup user analytics, monitor app performance, and use the data to identify areas for improvement
- Work closely and collaboratively with product, data and design to define and build the future of Shine’s products.
- You’re passionate about how technology can be leveraged to improve health and wellness. And you’re able to take yourself and appreciate all the work we just did.
- 4+ years experience as a software engineer with web technologies
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with React Native or native mobile development (Android and/or iOS)
- Experience with the Serverless framework
- Experience deploying and monitoring applications on AWS
- Startup experience and a passion for health and wellness
- Free healthcare! Yep, we cover Medical, Vision & Dental 100%
- Unlimited vacation, that we actually want you to use
- Quarterly performance reviews to help you continue to grow professionally and support you in your goals
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Bimonthly game nights (aka “Codenames” night)
- Stand up for something. Literally — we'll give you a standing desk on your first day
- The chance to be part of a welcoming, kind, brilliant team who gets up every morning with the mission of making wellbeing accessible to all