Writer - Shine Audio + Blog
Shine is on a mission to make wellbeing accessible—more representative, affordable, easier, and connected than it’s ever been.
Our first product, Shine Text (covered on the TODAY show, CNN, Glamour, Refinery29, and more), is a free daily text experience that makes it easy to notice and improve your wellbeing. And our recently launched iOS app was the App of the Day in the App Store in its first six weeks.
We have over 2M loyal users in 189 countries, and 99% of our members claim that Shine has had a positive impact on their lives.
Our team is awesome. Our community is incredible. Our movement is massive. And this is just the beginning.
You’re obsessed with the power of content to build connection, helping people feel less alone in their experiences and struggles.
You create content in your day job or side hustle that elevates the experiences, points of views, or learnings of millennial women. You maximize your commute by listening to your favorite podcast, or reading your favorite blog. You’re the friend that’s always talking about the latest episode or new podcast to check out.
You get frustrated by basic content that doesn’t speak to the nuance, range or realness of what it means to be a millennial woman in 2018. You’re looking for a place where you can create a totally new style of content that disrupts the wellbeing industry and leaves your mark on the world.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Audio Content
- Strategy. You’ll lead the strategy on how Shine’s audio content stands out and how it furthers our mission of making wellbeing more accessible.
- Identifying Track Themes. Work closely with co-founders on strategy for in-app content—identifying what themes, situations and feelings to address for Mindful Moments (in-app audio tracks).
- Track Creation. Draft scripts for ongoing Mindful Moments audio tracks—scaling the amount of new tracks that are featured weekly in the Shine app.
- Blog Content
- Pitching and writing: You’ll work closely with our content strategist, crafting stories with our core product, Shine Text, in mind—keeping tabs on latest news and trending topics in the wellbeing world to write content that fits within the Shine ethos.
- Producing content: You’ll build stories for our blog, advice.shinetext.com, optimizing headlines and content for SEO and creating a visually compelling piece that represents our diverse community.
- Audio Content
- For all content, using data for full circle process. Analyze data to ideate new ideas, execute, review performance and then improve.
Why you’ll be the perfect fit:
- Our mission matters. The words you write and the content you create will be a wellbeing resource to millions of people; that motivates you.
- Background. You have 2+ years of experience writing digital content. Extra bonus if you have experience writing for audio.
- You love yourself some project management. You’re comfortable, and excel, at managing a few different projects at once. You can self-direct to break out priorities across what’s most important vs. what’s most urgent.
- Results. A clear understanding of what success looks like helps you zero in on the most important things. You feel good when you show results.
- Mindset. Your approach to work thrives in an early stage environment. You approach tough situations with a solution-oriented mindset, and focus on what you can learn from new challenges.
- Free healthcare! Yep, we cover Medical, Vision & Dental 100%
- Unlimited vacation, that we actually want you to use
- Quarterly performance reviews to help you continue to grow professionally and support you in your goals
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Bimonthly game nights (aka “Codenames” night)
- Stand up for something. Literally — we'll give you a standing desk on your first day
- The chance to be part of a welcoming, kind, brilliant team who gets up every morning with the mission of making wellbeing accessible to all